Happy Friday! We are heading to Hawaii this weekend for a little R&R and time with my family who live there. I am so excited. I will definitely be taking a ton of pictures to share with you all when we get back.
Today’s workout was a good one! I am always starving after my workouts and I look forward to breakfast!
Do you ever get bored with the same old breakfast stuff you eat everyday? I am a total creature of habit. I will usually have oatmeal, smoothies, eggs and toast, or my banana oat protein pancakes. I typically just rotate these during the week. Lately I have not been wanting any of those things for breakfast though. I decided I was on a mission to find some new breakfast things to try. Today I had the sweet potato breakfast bowl. I topped mine with chopped cashews, cinnamon and a sprinkle of chia seeds. It was yummy and super filling. While searching the web I found these things I plan on incorporating into my weekly breakfast rotation.
Sweet Potato Toast with Avocado. Yup, I said sweet potato toast. This idea is so intriguing to me. I love sweet potato and avocado so it is a total win! Here is the recipe I found: http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Sweet-Potato-Toast-Recipes-41793311 I am not sure about the radish, I may add a sprinkle of chia seeds and sea salt.
Cookie Dough Cereal. I love cookie dough and cereal so why not. I also love this blog. I use a lot of her recipes. http://fitnessista.com/2010/08/serious-cereal/ I will probably make the raw version.
Mashed sweet potato bowls. Here I go again with the sweet potato, but I really do love them and they are healthy and filling. I usually have sweet potatoes baked and ready in the fridge for left over so this will be quick and easy too! The recipe below is adapted from a few I found on the web.
- 1 Mashed Sweet Potato
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/2 Tsp of Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (optional for added protein)
- Mash sweet potato, banana, spices and salt until well incorporated. Microwave for 1-3 minutes until it reaches your desired temperature. If you are adding the protein you may need a bit of almond milk as well to incorporate the protein powder. Stir until well combined and add desired toppings.
- Sliced Banana
- Chopped Nuts
- Nut Butter
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Chia or Flax Seeds
- Dried Fruit (chopped dates, raisins, or cranberries)