It’s almost Friday! Summer is ticking away and soon it will be back to school and back to the crazy! I really do enjoy my summer as a teacher I feel rejuvenated and refreshed when I go back to school in the fall. This week was my birthday and I like to reflect back on the year and look forward to the next. I started this blog a few years ago and never really focused on it. In college I was a journalism major before changing to education. I really enjoy writing and sharing my love of fitness, healthy food and healthy living. Today I was looking back at some of my early posts and thought I would do a little throwback Thursday post and share one of my very first recipes and workouts. I am continually improving my writing and always love to hear any ideas you would like to see on the blog.
This is by far one of my favorite recipes. My mom gave me this recipe a long time ago and I make these at least twice a week for my family. They are my go to pre-workout/pre-run snack. They give me the perfect amount of energy without feeling like I ate too much. You can adapt this recipe any way you like it. Sometimes I use almond butter and throw in some coconut or raisins. Trust me these are amazing!
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Oats (or regular)
- 1/3 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 Tablespoons Ground Flaxseeds
- 3 Tablespoons Mini Chocolate Chips
- Combine all ingredients together using a food processor or stir ingredients well. Roll the mixture into 1 tablespoons size balls. I like to use a small ice cream scoop and then roll them.
- 1/4 Cup Dried Fruit
- Chia Seeds
- Unsweetened Coconut
- *Any nut butter can be subbed in for the peanut butter
I hope you all have a great Thursday!