Hi guys, I hope you all had a great Christmas and are gearing up to ring in the New Year. I have a feeling 2017 is going to ROCK! Our Christmas was great.
Here is a brief recap! We always go out to breakfast on Christmas Eve. This year my daughter Chloe wanted us all to wear ugly Christmas sweaters so we picked out a few and got all dressed up. Before breakfast we met up with my friend Holly and got some yummy treats. I swear she makes the best cookies. I would post a picture but we ate them so fast! I cannot stay out of them. After breakfast the girls played in the snow a bit and then we headed out to church. After church we came home and had a yummy Italian Soup. My friend Amy gave me the recipe and it is really good. I will have to post the recipe soon, it is a keeper! We spent Christmas morning at home eating a yummy breakfast of my mom’s homemade huckleberry scones and a egg bake. Then we just relaxed in our jammies until dinner and lounged around after dinner with full tummies watching movies. It was a great Christmas as always.
After Christmas and a weekend of indulging in cookies, wine and rich foods I was ready to get back on track. I cleaned up my eating and kicked my workouts up a notch. I am currently trying out the new Cyclebar class which is kicking my butt. Why is cycling so hard? For 2017 my goal is to try a variety of new workouts and add more yoga and meditation into my routine.
To end off the year in my bootcamp class I put together this Best of 2016 HIIT workout. It was a tough one. I was drenched when I was done! I love that feeling!
TOTAL BODY HIIT WORKOUT
For this workout you will need a set of dumbbells, a mat, towel, gliding disk/paper plates and water. This workout can easily be done at the gym or at home.
Warm Up (perform each exercise listed for 30 seconds each) or bike, jog or elliptical for 3-5 minutes until warm.
- Jog In Place
- Jumping Jacks
- Butt Kickers
- Body Weight Squats
- Alternating Front Lunges (no weight)
- Arm Circles
Perform Each Exercise for 30 seconds each. Complete 2-3 rounds before moving on to the next round.
- Box Jumps (on high bench or box)
- Box/Bench Straddle Hops (on bench or box hop feet out wide and jump up onto the center of the box)
- 1 Tricep Push Up 1 Bench Hop (on short end of a bench do a tricep push up then hop your feet outside of your hands)
- Weighted Bulgarian Split Squat (1 side at a time)
- Bench Hop Overs (with hands on bench or box donkey kick side to side)
- Single Leg Knee Up (1 leg up on bench, propel knee up into the chest ) Repeat on both sides.
- Bench Press
- V Sit In and Out Abs (sitting on the bench)
- Toe Taps (tap toes right and left on bench)
- 1 Burpee 1 Jump Up or Double Butt Kicker
- Mt. Climbers with Hands on Bench
- Bicep Curls
Round 4 (you will need paper plates, gliding discs or towels for each foot)
- Side To Side Bench Squats (holding 1 weight chest level)
- Paper Plate Mt. Climbers (in plank position place a plate on each foot and do a mountain climber
- 1 Push Up 1 Plank Jack with Paper Plates on each foot
- In and Outs (with plates on each foot pull both knees into the chest and back out into plank)
- 1 Crunch 1 Hamstring Plate Slides (Lie down with knees bent and the plates under the feet. Lift the hips off the floor into a bridge position and, holding this position, press into the floor and slide the feet out in front of you. Contract the hamstring and continue pressing into the floor as you slide the feet back to starting position.)
Cool Down and Stretch (3-5 Minutes)
Don’t forget there is still time to sign up to join me in my new fitness challenge starting January 9th. Email me for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great weekend and Happy New Year!!!!!