Cauli Proats (Cauliflower Protein Oatmeal)
One of my goals for 2017 was to try and incorporate more veggies into my meals. I want to focus on getting a serving or two of veggies per meal. This is tough when it comes to breakfast for me. I am not the type of person who likes leftovers or a lot of meat and veggies for breakfast. I prefer oatmeal, smoothies or protein pancakes. So I heard from a friend that she puts cauliflower into her oatmeal. I thought this sounded terrible but I gave it a shot anyway. It’s actually really good! You cannot taste the cauliflower and it almost doubles your bowl of oatmeal. It is super filling. So I thought I would share my recipe for Cauli Oats with you. There are so many ways to make this, but this is how I make it and then I customize it depending on how I am feeling or what I am craving!
- 1/4 Cup Oatmeal (I used gluten free rolled oats)
- 3/4 Cup Riced Cauliflower Fresh or Frozen
- 1/2-1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Toppings or Mix In’s (Bananas, Blueberries, Dried Fruit, Almonds, Nut Butter, Protein Powder)
- Optional Sweetener (stevia, honey, maple syrup)
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Combine Oatmeal, Riced Cauliflower and Almond Milk in a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally. Let sit for 2-3 minutes. Add in your mix ins and enjoy!
- I used frozen riced cauliflower in my version and it worked great. This is the base recipe. If you like your oatmeal thicker I would use less milk.
My favorite ways to eat it are adding in a scoop of vanilla protein powder, fresh fruit, lots of cinnamon and nut butter. So good. Trust me you have to try this!
I hope you have a great weekend. Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think.