Hi guys, as promised here are my workouts for the past week including my strength training plan. I wasn’t able to fit in a 3rd day in addition to my classes I teach and OT this week but I am planning to get back on track this week. It was a bit crazy around my house with Easter, family in town and my oldest daughters Birthday. To top it off I am feeling a cold coming on! UGH!!! I also included my favorite post workout breakfast recipe.
Monday: Strength and Conditioning
Warm Up: Jog, Bike or Row 5 Minutes
Deadlift: Just like last week I worked on finding my 1 Rep Max. After a warmup of lighter weights I gradually increased until I found a challenging weight. Don’t forget to write down your weight for future workouts.
- Glute Hamstring Curls (use a ball or machine) 15 Reps
- 400 Meter Row (time each one and try to beat your time on the next round)
- Weighted Step Ups (20 Total, 10 Each Leg)
- Hanging Leg Raises (this one was tough for me) 10 Reps
- Run .25 Miles (keep track of your time for this and try to beat it on the next round)
Tuesday: Taught a new class Step 360x and Chisel
Wednesday: Orange Theory Workout
Thursday: Taught a new HIIT cardio class and yoga class.
Friday: Cycle Bar Class
Saturday: Strength and Cardio Conditioning
Warm Up Jog 5 Minutes
Bench Press (80% of max from last week) 3 Sets of 8
- Single Arm Rows (12 reps each side)
- Weighted Side Bends or Windmill (10 Reps Each Side)
- 10 Burpees
- 10 Pull Ups (use assistance if needed)
Repeat 3 x
- Squat Press (10 Reps)
- Dumbbell Pullovers (12-15 Reps)
- KettleBell Swing (10 Reps)
- Run .25 Miles (push your pace here)
- Weighted Russian Twist (20 Total)
- Lying Leg Raise (10 Total)
Cool Down and Stretch
Sunday: Easy 4 Mile Sunrise Easter Run
My favorite post workout Breakfast
This week I was on one of my oatmeal kicks again. I love to add egg whites into my oatmeal to add extra volume and protein. Have you guys ever tried it? If not you have to give it a try. The key is to cook it slowly and stir often so you don’t end up with scrambled eggs in your oatmeal.
Here is how I make it:
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats
- ½ Ripe Mashed Banana
- ½ Cup Egg Whites (I use the liquid in a carton)
- ½ Cup Almond Milk (you could use water or another milk)
Combine all the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes stirring every 20-30 seconds. When finished top with 1 tablespoon of nut butter and some stevia (optional).
This is my favorite breakfast and it always fills me up. Give it a try! I hope you guys have a great week!