Before I get into my meal tips, I thought I would give you a little recap of our weekend. It was nice and relaxing. Friday was the last day of school. For those of you who don’t know I am a Jr. High teacher, so this was an awesome day! I look forward to summers off for so many reasons. We had a pretty chill weekend, sipping wine, watching A Dog’s Purpose, a beautiful run all capped off with free yoga in the park. It was a great weekend! Monday I am starting an AB challenge so check out my Facebook page for daily tips, exercises and motivation.
Now on to my Monday Meal Tip! For “meal prep Monday” I am going to be focusing on snacks. Now that school is out I have a tendency to graze if I am bored and so do my kids. When I am home in the summer it is much easier for me to mindless eat. I am a snacker! Having snacks throughout the day helps me not over eat at my meals and it keeps me feeling energized. I am going to focus on having my snacks already ready to go so I don’t end up grazing in the fridge or pantry all day. This will also help for those crazy days when I am running kids around to activities, the pool or wherever we decide to go for the day. Here are my top 10 go to healthy snack ideas!
- Hard Boiled Eggs or Deviled Eggs
- Rice Cakes Topped with Nut Butter
- RX Bars (my new favorite bar, but kinda pricey)
- No Bake Energy Bites
- String Cheese and Whole Grain Crackers
- Shakeology: I keep the individual packets in my person just in case. You can easily mix it up with water in your water bottle if you need a quick and easy snack or meal replacement.
- Almonds and Fresh Fruit
- Popcorn with Coconut Oil and Sea Salt
- Hummus with Carrot Sticks
- Celery with Peanut Butter and Raisins (yes basically ants on a log)
I hope this snack ideas helped. I would love to hear your easy snack ideas so please post them in the comments. Have an amazing week!