One of my awesome friends Heather got me hooked on her apple cider vinegar drink a while back so I thought I would share with all of you a little bit of the benefits of apple cider vinegar. The most important thing is to get the ACV with the mother. I like to use Bragg’s or Trader Joe’s Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar. Some people replace their morning cup of coffee with an a apple cider vinegar drink but I usually drink my ACV daily in the mid-morning or after lunch. There are many benefits to using ACV but here are a few I find most useful.
- Helps with digestion: It can help with your digestion and your PH balance.
- Indigestion: Drinking a mixture of water and ACV before a meal can help prevent indigestion.
- Helps you drink more water: I like the taste of it with honey, water and lemon. It can be made with hot or cold water. Some say it can also boost your energy.
- Sunburn Soother: Apply to sunburned skin to ease pain, redness and swelling. This was a lifesaver for my dad in Hawaii. Warning it may sting a bit though when first applied.
- Detox: It can help detox your system especially your liver and balance the PH in your body.
- It’s good for your skin. It can help with acne or breakouts. Just apply with a cotton ball at night to your breakouts. It can also be used in a foot soak to help with foot fungus and athlete’s foot.
- Antibacterial: It has antibacterial properties, so I have made a yoga mat spray with ACV, water and some of my favorite essential oils.
These are just a few of the ways I use ACV. This is a great article that has more reasons to use ACV.
Here is a simple recipe for a apple cider vinegar drink that tastes good and is also good for you!
- 8 Ounces of Purified Water
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon (about 1/2 a small lemon)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar (adjust to taste)
- 1 Teaspoon Raw Honey
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper Powder
- Combine all ingredients together in a glass or mason jar if you are planning to take your drink to go. It is great warm or cold with ice. Experiment with the flavor options below to find your perfect ACV drink.
- Use grapefruit juice instead of lemon juice.
- Add freshly squeezed ginger juice instead of cayenne pepper.
- Add a dash of cinnamon instead of cayenne pepper.