Hi Guys, I hope you are enjoying this awesome fall weather. I love the crisp mornings and sunny afternoons we have been having. It’s getting chilly for my morning runs, but that just means I add extra layers! I also love to warm up first thing after my run with a cup of coffee. I whipped this up a few days ago and I just had to share it with you guys. It is super yummy and features a lot of healthy ingredients with tons of great benefits for your body. It features coconut oil which has shown to be a great immune booster, turmeric which is anti-inflammatory and cinnamon which is high in anti-oxidants.
Nutrition Info (may vary depending on ingredients used): Calories 145, Fat 9.4 g, Carbs 15.5g, Sugar 13.4g
Traditional Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte 12 oz with coconut milk: Calories 170, Fat 6g, Carbs 27g, Sugar 26g
I don’t usually have this everyday but if I want a little latte treat, this does the trick!
Here is the recipe, feel free to make changes to your taste buds!
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee (I currently love Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I prefer almond or coconut milk)
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of Pure Maple*
- 1/8 Teaspoon or Dash of Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
- 1/8 Teaspoon or Dash of Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Dash of Turmeric
- Heat milk in microwave or on the stove before blending, unless you want an iced coffee. Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until a froth forms. Pour into your mug and enjoy!
- *For a low sugar option feel free to sub in Stevia. You could also use honey, but the maple syrup tastes really good in this.