How are you guys! Can we talk about drinking water and hydration for a bit? THIS IS SO HARD FOR ME!!!! I will admit I just don’t like the taste of plain water. It’s going to be in the upper 90’s this week and that means hot and sweaty workouts! Am I the only one who struggles to drink water? Especially during the school year. When you are a teacher with a tiny bladder and bathroom breaks are slim to none it’s tough to drink a lot of water during the school day. Since it is summer though I have been really focusing on drinking more water. I think sometimes we focus too much on trying to get the standard 8 glasses of water in each day and don’t focus on what OUR bodies need. I think it is different for everyone. I am a heavy sweater during my workouts so my body needs more water. There are so many benefits of water and I am sure you have heard them all but I notice when I am not drinking enough water my skin looks terrible, I have low energy, I get bloated and sometimes I get headaches. So here are a few things I have been trying to do this summer to get more water in.
- Drink flavor infused water. I like lemons, limes, cucumbers, and mint. So good!
- Set a goal, for example my goal is to drink 1 full water bottle by lunch time. Then another by dinner and one with my workouts.
- Always have your water bottle with you wherever you go.
- Drink your water early in the day! Don’t try to drink too much water before bed unless you want to be up all night!
- Add electrolytes to your water if you are working out in the heat. I like Nuun Tablets or Emergen C.
What are your tips for drinking more water? I would love to hear them so comment below and let me know so I can give them a try. Have a great Monday and if you are in Boise stay cool!