I have the day off from school and I really need it! I am going to hit an Orange Theory class, get a massage, and do a little retail therapy. I really need to find a new pair of running shoes.
I am also going to go to the grocery store for my meal prep Sunday! One of my friends wanted me to post what my meals look like for a day. I really enjoy looking at other people’s meals so I thought why not post a day of my meals. Just to warn you, they are not super glamorous, but I am just being real with you all.
Meals For A Day
- 2 Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cups topped with 1 teaspoon almond butter
- 1 cup of coffee with 1 tablespoon half and half
- 1 cup of green tea (at work)
Vanilla Almond Coconut Smoothie
Vanilla Shakeology, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 tablespoon of almond butter, 80z coconut water, and ice. Blend and enjoy!
This usually holds me over until about 12:30
- Steamed Broccoli (½ cup)
- Baby Carrots (1 serving)
- 1 Small Heirloom Tomato (I accidentally microwaved it with my veggies, but it was still good)
- 1 Chicken Apple Sausage Sliced (I like Aidell’s brand)
I pretty much mixed this all together and ate it. It’s a random lunch that I threw together at the last minute this morning. It was pretty tasty.
- 1 Small Apple
- I was still a bit hungry, so I threw together 1 handful of homemade trail mix (chex, raisins, raw almonds)
- Mexican Lasagna (topped with mashed avocado)
I saw this recipe on a blog that I follow and had to try it. Check out the recipe. It’s super yummy and super healthy. Even the kids loved it.
After Dinner Treat
- 1 small square of dark chocolate (Trader Toes pound plus 72%). If you have not tried this chocolate, you have to NOW!!!!!
That’s all for the day!
I am pretty basic when it comes to my meals. I tend to stick to the same things which can get boring. I always have a morning smoothie! I workout early in the morning at 5:15am so I am always starving after. I like to have my breakfast and then my smoothie later.
Sometimes I will have a pre-workout snack like my no bake energy balls or half of a banana depending on the day and the type of workout. Usually I just drink water and black coffee pre-workout unless my body tells me it needs more fuel.
I am planning to hit the grocery store this weekend and stock up for my 21 day Lean for Halloween Challenge. Here is a glimpse of the recipes on my radar for next week.
Recipes For Next Week’s Meals (so far)
Dinner and Lunch Leftovers
Black Bean and Quinoa Chili
Healthy Chicken Pot Pie (my girls picked this one)
Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
Oatmeal Raisin Smoothie
If you are joining me in the 21 day challenge don’t forget to do all your prep tasks and hit the grocery store this weekend.
Have a great weekend!