Hi Guys I hope you are having an awesome week. It has been a fun week around here. We went on a hike, saw The Hunchback of Notre Dame (highly recommend seeing it) at the Idaho Shakespeare Festival and did a bedroom makeover. It has been quite busy.
My Birthday is next week and I have been celebrating early. It’s the big 4-0! My class members at the gym brought me gifts and this giant chocolate chip cookie. Which tasted amazing with my coffee. I even dug into it on the way home it smelled so good! I am so spoiled.
I have an awesome workout brought to you by my hubby! It was his Birthday gift to me. I am still sore! I thought I would share it with you so you can give it a try. You can do this workout easily at home, the gym or at the park. I would recommend doing it outside to change up your equipment, terrain and the atmosphere. You do not need any equipment, however if you don’t have soft surface like grass I would recommend bringing a towel or mat for the abs. You can even get your kids involved too!
You will need to mark out a 40 yard distance for this workout.
Workout Format: In honor of the Birthday (July 25, age 40), we did 7 combo exercises 25 reps or a distance of 40 yards. Repeat each combo twice.
Warm Up (do each exercise down and back 40 yard distance)
- High Knee Pulls
- Single Leg Touches
- High Skips
- High Knees
- Butt Kicks
- Inch Worm
- Inverted Row (we used swings and playground equipment
- 25 Jumping Jacks
- 25 Push Ups
- Low Grapevine 40 Yards (this is like a moving curtsey lunge)
- 25 Prisoner Squat with Alternating Knee to Elbow (start with right knee for first round, left knee second round)
- Crab Walks 40 Yards
- 25 Hip Ups (right side for first round, left for second round)
- Walking Lunges 40 Yards
- 25 Bicycle Crunches
- Moving Burpees 40 Yards
- 25 Sumo Squat Jumps
- Bear Crawls 40 Yards
- Plank Spider (in plank position bring your right foot to the outside of your right hand then alternate sides)
- 40 Yard Sprint
- 1 Mile Jog or Walk (optional)
- Stretch: Be sure to stretch your hamstrings, quadriceps, calves and upper body.
Give it a try and let me know how it goes so I can report back to the hubby. Have an amazing weekend.