I hope you all had a great week and a happy Halloween. I can’t believe it is November already. November means my annual Planksgiving Challenge starts! I am a little late posting this but here are the details. For the first 10 days you will perform each exercise for 30 seconds. For the next 10 days 45 seconds and the final 10 days 1 minute. Depending on your fitness level you may want to increase or decrease your time. Be sure to challenge yourself. Remember CHALLENGE BECOMES CHANGE!
A few notes on proper form. I see a lot of people in my classes who do not have the proper form when doing plank and other exercises.
Here are a few tips for great form when doing planks:
- Keep your body in one straight line. Your body should be aligned straight with your ears, shoulders, hips, knees, and ankles all in the same plane of your body.
- Tighten your midsection. Imagine a wet towel and you are wringing out water.
- Don’t let your hips sag and your butt lift up into the air. Keep your glutes tight.
- Make sure your elbows are positioned directly under your shoulders, look down at the floor, and keep your fingers spread wide.
- If you cannot perform planks or push ups with proper form for the amount of time suggested feel free to modify by coming to your knees if needed or doing wall push ups.
There are several videos out there on youtube if you still need to work on that perfect form.
Don’t forget to check out my Facebook page for support and lot’s of fun ideas. Have a great weekend!