Hi guys I hope you are having a great weekend. It is supposed to be rainy and windy this weekend which is making it difficult to get my long run in. So I think I will hit Orange Theory and see how Sunday turns out.
About a month ago I was talking with my new friend Anna Renderer, host of Popsugar Fitness about changing some things up in my diet and fitness routine. She suggested I try out Shakeology and make some intensity adjustments to my workouts. I had heard of Shakeology before and even tried it a few years ago. I decided to give it a try again. I admit I was skeptical and I am VERY picky about what I put into my body! It has been about 6 weeks now of consistently drinking it daily. I have been enjoying it as a post workout snack or a quick and easy lunch. I am pretty much addicted now! So much so that I decided to become a Beachbody coach. I already love the workouts (P90x, Piyo, Insanity, 21 Day Fix) so I decided why not help people on their journey of health and fitness more than I already do at the gym and on my blog.
Here is what I love about Shakeology:
- It’s not just a protein shake. It has super nutrients we need in our diets like phytonutrients, adaptogens, vitamins and minerals. It also has digestive enzymes and probiotics for healthy digestion.
- It’s good for your body. Since I started drinking it I have noticed an increase in my energy and my cravings for chocolate have lessened!
- It’s a quick and easy meal replacement when needed. When I am really busy or forget to pack my lunch for school I have the individual serving packets at school to whip up a quick smoothie.
When I first looked at the cost of Shakeology I was surprised. It seemed very expensive. However, when my hubby and I calculated what I spend monthly on probiotics, digestive enzymes, greens powder, and my multi vitamin it ended up being about the same. So now I can just drink one Shakeology a day instead of taking all of my supplements. To me that’s a big plus!
I also love all the recipes out there. If you love S’mores, like I do this recipe is for you! The only reason I camp is for S’mores! If you love S’mores you will love this smoothie without the sugar and added calories. It is tasty!
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup brewed coffee, chilled
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology or Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 tsp. ground whole wheat graham cracker crumbs, divided use
- 1 cup ice
- 1. Place almond milk, coffee, extract, Shakeology, 1 tsp. graham cracker crumbs, and ice in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
- 2. Pour into a serving glass and garnish with remaining 1 tsp. graham cracker crumbs; serve immediately.
- ** Note: if you are caffeine free, skip the coffee (or make it decaf) **
Check out the awesome benefits here: shakeology_benefits_survey
or email me at 4livingthewrightway.com
I hope you all have a great weekend!