TGIF! I am so glad the weekend is almost here. This was a crazy busy week and I am ready for a bit of down time, coffee with my BFF and a long run with the girls. We will also be watching a bit of Boise State football this weekend. So I thought I would share one of my favorite healthy treats to snack on while watching the game.
- 3 Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 cups oats
- 2 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 TBS hemp seeds
- 14 chopped prunes (you could sub another dried fruit)
- 10 chopped dried apricots
- 2 TBS melted coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients together and bake at 375 degrees for 18 min. The recipe makes 30 cookies about 2 tbs per cookie.
- Approximately 98 calories per cookie (I entered the recipe in my fitness pal).
This recipe was given to me by a fellow fitness instructor Hilary who also happens to be the Director of Sports Nutrition for BSU, so I thought it fitting that we snack on these during the BSU football game. I call them the Bronco Sport Cookies and they are yummy! They are also good for school lunches, after school treats, and I have even eaten them before a cardio workout. They satisfy that sweet craving when you need it!
I hope you guys have an amazing weekend and get to do something fun!